AHS Says Goodbye to Wallace

Liz Johnston, Staff Writer

At the biweekly School board meeting on Monday, December 15, the School Board accepted the retirement of Athletic Director Tim Wallace at the conclusion of the current school year. The School Board thanked Mr. Wallace for all of his years of dedication to the district, and the kids.

Tim Wallace, the athletic director at Alliance High School has been planning to retire at the end of the school year. Mr. Wallace grew up in Ellendale, North Dakota he graduated from there in 1967. He went to college at the University of North Dakota and graduated from Northern State University. He taught at North Brown for 5 years. Wallace also taught at St. Agnes Academy for 10 years where he was a basketball coach and athletic director. Wallace has been in the Alliance Public Schools system for 27 years, he was a teacher for 19 years and an athletic director for 19 years. He taught at the middle school for 11 years. Mr. Wallace said “ I am excited for retirement but I am going to miss walking around and talking to the students.” Mr. Wallace also said “ I plan to do absolutely nothing!” Wallace will be missed by many and will always be remembered.

Mr. Wallace’s announcement follows the recent controversy over the firing of head football coach Travis Hawk. The two incidents are not related, and did not weigh in on Wallace’s decision. The search for the new athletic director will begin sometime next spring, though the school will find a replacement, it will be hard to find someone who brings the enthusiasm and spirit that Mr. Wallace has brought the school all of these years.