Student Council Is All For Recycling

Katelyn Heisler, Staff Writer

Don’t you hate ruining the planet and making it more miserable by the minute? Well, Alliance High School’s Student Council has decided to bring back recycling bins!  The Student Council was able to fund these recycling bins because of their annual Valentine’s Day Fundraiser. Starting next year, you will be able to find the recycling bins in every hallway and even in the gym! From taking over the responsibilities of being in charge of the pop machines, to being in charge of the recycling that is produced by AHS staff and students. It’s safe to say that these bulldogs are on a roll with taking care of AHS!

Now you might be wondering, “Well didn’t the high school have recycling bins?” Well we sort of did. The only issue was that no one is using them as recycling bins. No one organized the trash either, they just threw it all away in the dumpster. Nevertheless, the Student Council will be taking charge of this situation and doing everything in their ability to help, not only the environment, but also AHS. Ms. Roberts says, “We hope to make it a lifelong habit for our students to look for recycling bins wherever they go.” So please, for the sake of the world you live in, and the school you attend everyday, recycle.