2015-2016 AHS Cheerleaders Announced

Madison Hiemstra, Sports Editor

The 2015-2016 Alliance High School Cheer squad has been announced. The cheerleading tryout process is a lot more time consuming and rigorous than most people seem to think. The girls come in to tryout practice from 6:00p.m. to 8:00 p.m and most nights even later to learn the cheers, dances and jumps that will need to be performed in front of the judges. Throughout the weeks of tryouts, the coaches put the girls in groups. These groups will practice together and then tryout together.

The tryout consists of two cheers and a dance all of the girls learned as a group, a jump of choice, a toe touch and a double toe touch with or without an approach. Seniors Aaliyah Dunn, Veronica Duran and Aubrey Picket Pin demonstrated and taught the cheers and dances to the girls trying out for cheerleading.

The 2015-2016 cheer squads include seniors: Megan Boness, Madison Hiemstra, Shelby Shrewsbury, Sharaya Toof, Bailey O’Connor, Shelbi Tye and Kayla Schilreff. Juniors: Sydney Klinkerman, Emmy Green, Hannah Korte, Sheyenne Weaver. Sophomores: Madison McCance, Mariah Stewart, Haley Hoxworth, Serenity Sterkel, Angie Figueroa, Kallista Vallejo, and Shae Toof. Freshman: Jayci Dvorak, Madison Korte, Alivia Carlson, Kallista Vallejo, Hannah Middleton and Shelley Johnson.

We congratulate all of the girls who made the Alliance High School cheer squads for the 2015-2016 school year!