Boy’s Golf Recap 2021

Chloe Mann, Staff Writer

Boy’s Golf Recap 2021: 

Summertime is almost here, and with summer comes lake days, suntans and perhaps the best of all… golf. Luckily the boy’s golf team got to start their summer a little early with their season kicking off in April. This year the golf team did not disappoint, placing in several of their meets and bringing home some hardware. 

This year the varsity team was freshman Tristen Timbers, sophomore Taytom Timbers and seniors Crayton Cyza, Caeson Clarke and Jaron Matulka. The varsity boys along with the JV boys put in a lot of hard work this season and ended up placing in several of their meets. 

The Varisty team teed off their season by winning the Chadron Invite with a team score of 330. Crayton Cyza placed second with a score of 78; Tatum Timbers placed third with a score of 83; Carson Clarke placed fourth with a score of 83; Jaron Matulka placed seventh with a score of 86 and Tristen Timbers placed eleventh with a score of 89. When asked what he was looking forward to for next season Tristen remarked, “Playing with my brother and hopefully make another run at state.” Alliance Boy’s Golf Twitter remarked, “Competed well today but left the course unsatisfied. These boys are hungry!”

They continued their success, placing first at the Sydney Invite with a team score of 339. Cyza with a score of 82; Matulka – 97; Clarke – 91; Taytom Timbers – 83 and Tristen Timbers – 83. Varsity also placed at the Gering course this year, bringing home third place with a score of 327. Crayton Cyza finished first with a score of 72, and Taytom Timbers received fourth place with a score of 79. Junior Varsity also took home some hardware on the Gering course, placing first and shooting their season-best with a score of 353. All five JV golfers placed with Kellen Muhr placing first overall with a score of 84. Muhr remarked that his favorite part of the season was, “Golfing with friends.”

In the boy’s opinion, Scottsbluff Country Club is the best course to golf. The team had four seniors graduate this year: Clarke, Cyza, Matulka and Jaxon Preble. Two of these seniors made acetic all-state this year: Cyza and Clarke. After these awesome victories, these varsity boys also tied for second at the Ogallala invite. With a team score of 332, Cyza placed first with a score of 76, and Clarke placed fourth with a score of 81. Alliance’s JV team placed third at Bayard varsity invite, Jaxon Preble leading this team with a score of 81.

At the end of a long season, varsity boys placed third at districts securing their ticket to state. The varsity team scored 331, and Cyza placed 5th with a 76, and Clarke placed ninth with a score of 79. Thankfully the COVID-19 pandemic has not affected their season at all, which many other sports teams can not relate to. Junior Jayden McCracken says, “The game of golf has changed my life for the better. It has taught me patience, how to have fun, and how to overcome certain circumstances.”

Congratulations boys! All of AHS is extremely proud of you for your successful season as well as making it to state. All of the SPUD wishes you the best of luck at state!