Track Season Start-Up

This new track season has many people joining and signing off. With this new start, we can welcome the beginning of a spring season and a great start-up for athletes. They have been working to improve on their sections whether it be an outdoor or an indoor practice. The freshmen athletes are doing drills to make sure they beat whatever competition they might have at the meets, regardless of if they’re a senior or younger. Sophomore through senior athletes are striving to make sure they beat their old records while still beating their competition. Trevor Zurn and Jonah Amill are working very hard to beat records and go to state.

Jonah, one of the seniors who signed off, [which is where he gets to go to a college of his choice] had chose his college almost immediately after track started. One of the semi-new athletes, a sophomore, Trevor Zurn, states,”  I enjoy track because of the environment and my teammates. Also, all the different events and tons of other schools competing against each other. I run the 400, 800, 1600, 4×4, and 4×8. I chose these events because a lot of people don’t want to do these events because they are hard, I chose them for the challenge. This track season for me will be interesting because right now I’m in the same position I was last year. I don’t know what events I’m going to do at districts that will put me in a position for going to state this year. “ 

With everyone in the track season holding each other accountable and holding themselves to a very high standard, it will be a good season! The school is rooting for our track team to go to state. The coaches have been striving for these kids to get into the colleges they would like to do track for. The coaches also make sure they use the skills they learned from track. Many people are excited to see what this track season will bring and are excited to see how the freshmen preform this year. Trevor, the one interviewed, seemed very excited for his track season, and he has a lot of hope that the track team will get to state. Make sure to support the track team in beating their records and going to state!