Girls Wrestling @ Sidney

Girls Wrestling @ Sidney

This year is our first year having a girls wrestling team and they are doing amazing! On Tuesday, January 23 the girls went to Sidney for a meet. We had three girls wrestle, Breanna Stinson, Gracie Beals, and Surenity Lewis. 

Gracie Beals lost her match by 3 points, and Brenna Stinsen ended up having a bi (the position of a participant in a tournament who advances to the next round without playing). Surenity Lewis won her match by pinning her opponent within the second period of the match! 

Gracie Beals stated, “I love wrestling! Being in the wrestling room with the girl is like being in a room with my family. It was hard to take the loss, but all I know is that I fought hard and will do better next time!” 

Surenity Lewis stated, “I have always loved wrestling, and my older brother, Manny, has always inspired me to do it. I was so excited to win this match. I have come so far from the beginning and will come out stronger!” 

Despite everything these girls have faced, they have done a great job this season. I wish them all good luck for districts! The next girls’ wrestling meet is on January 27,  don’t forget to support them!