Alliance High School Track (April 30)

Alliance High School Track (April 30)

The Alliance track and field team had a meet in Scottsbluff on April 30 starting at 10:00 A.M. The team has been doing good at meets they have been attending, along with this one! I interviewed Josie Sanders, a junior at AHS, for this meet.  

Josie’s main events are 300m hurdles, 100m hurdles, 100m dash, and the 4x100m relay. She has also competed in the long jump and the 4x400m relay. Josie said that it was a pretty good day for this meet. She stated, “I placed fourth for both 300m and 100m hurdles and our 4x100m relay team placed second!” She also mentioned that the team did a great job that day and everyone was supportive and cheering everybody on! There is always going to be room for improvement. Josie has been working hard on practicing hurdles. She said, “The work is finally paying off because I had a personal best in the 100m hurdles and a second best in the 300m hurdles.” Josie’s next track meet is districts so she is hoping to compete at a high level again like she did last year! She mentioned that many people she competed against at Western Conference will also be at districts so she has an idea of what her competition is going to look like. Josie said, “We as a district are very competitive! The teams we compete against such as; Sidney, Scottsbluff, Gering, Chadron, and Mitchell are all amazingly good. These schools have a lot of athletic people so it is fun to compete against them but you also have to work hard to beat them.” Josie said, “ I have been working on getting a personal best in the 300m hurdles in order to break the school record again, I have come close but haven’t accomplished this yet.” Josie is hoping to accomplish her goal at districts this year!

Tuesday May 7, 2024 is the first day of districts for Nebraska. Let’s hope that the AHS Bulldogs can bring home many wins and send some kids to state! I hope Josie does an amazing job and beats her record from last year!