Choir Awards Concert

The final choir concert, on May 2, has been a very big deal for two months. It is when our seniors get to sing for the high school for the last time and people perform their solos or duets from District Music Contest. Preparation for this special concert happens during DMC [District Music Contest] and everyone perfects their choreography, songs, and faces. Our seniors prepare for their solos and duets and look back at their first years in choir. It gets very emotional for everyone involved, especially our underclassmen who are friends with seniors. It is a very unique experience to see them perform for the last time for us.

This year’s concert is special, though. Angel Trejo’s solo, Skyfall by Adele, he will have the jazz band accompanying him. The jazz band has had countless times practicing with him and making sure they are not too loud or quiet. This is Angel’s last year at Alliance High School and he is very excited to be singing with the jazz band. Our seniors, such as Carlie Schneider, Matthias Benzel, and Desirae Prime have both duets and solos. It takes a lot to go up on stage for your last year and sing multiple times throughout the span of around an hour. It gets very emotional and most people end up crying by the end. Most of our seniors are in the harmonics class, which is a mix of women and men. Our velocity has one senior, Desirae Prime, who has been practicing very hard on her solo. Matthias Benzel, a member of the choir and jazz band, also has a solo and has to play for Angel’s solo.

In an interview with Carlie Schneider, a senior in choir, she states,” I am confident that the concert will go very well. Everyone has prepared and practiced a lot. I am somewhat sad to think back on all the fun memories I had in choir and to now be leaving.” Her senior solo is “You Say” by Lauren Daigle and she said it was one of her favorite songs to sing along to. She is sad thinking about leaving, but she thinks the concert will be very fun. Carlie will not be pursuing choir when she goes to college, but you will most definitely catch her singing a long to songs. Arianna Rodriguez states,” I enjoy choir because I love to sing. I have been preparing for at least 3 weeks.” Arianna says that the concert will depend on the attitudes of everyone which many people would agree with. This isn’t her first concert and her last concert went pretty well.

This concert is very special because it will be our seniors’ last year with Dr. Kloch. She has helped them in her room become more confident and she always makes sure to turn the other cheek when people are rude to her or her students. She has made sure everything will go great for their last concert. Everyone is sad to see the seniors go and will miss them a lot. The underclassmen will especially miss the seniors because they were with the choir throughout a lot of concerts, solos, and duets. For some, they’ve known the seniors since middle school. Everyone is trying their best to make sure the concert goes as smoothly as it can for this year.