I’ve Tested Positive for Senioritis

Ive Tested Positive for Senioritis

Brooklyn Branstiter, Editor

Senioritis is something that many high school students face. Senioritis is when seniors are just ready to be finished with school. They have worked so hard to get to where they are, but they start getting tired of doing work. They simply just want to graduate! Seniors find it hard to force themselves to work on homework, or even get the motivation to go to school. I have caught a case of senioritis, and the symptoms are bad. There seems to be no cure. 

I am involved in multiple clubs. I managed the softball team and the tennis season has finally started. As graduation is creeping closer and closer, I find that it is getting harder and harder to do just about anything at all. Schoolwork is starting to get harder, college classes are having their midterms and challenges for tennis are coming up. I feel flooded with work and it is causing an overabundance of stress for me. When I’m stressed, I tend to want to just relax by myself so I can clear my mind. When my mind is flooded with work and I try to get things done, my work comes out in a jumbled mess. 

This school year I decided to challenge myself with the classes I took in order to be at least a little bit prepared for college classes. I am enrolled in three dual credit classes this semester, and I am also taking Anatomy & Physiology. These are all super challenging classes. Although I know they truly will benefit me in the future, it is so hard to actually do the work for those classes. My dual credit classes are only on Mondays and Wednesdays, except for math which we also have on Friday. So on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have an open 4th, 5th and 6th period. It is so hard for me to go back to school for only two periods. 

I am getting through my senior year, slowly but surely. Work is piling up, but I know if I force myself to just get it done, I will feel so relieved. Senioritis is real, and there does not seem to be any cure. It will only go away when I graduate. Will-power is the only way to get through it. So to all the seniors here at AHS, finish out the year strong. We’ve got this!