Senior Spotlight Carlie Schneider

Honoring the people who spend a majority of their time improving this town is very important. One of these well-known individuals is Carlie Schneider, a senior at Alliance High School who is involved in over ten clubs and working toward a degree in the medical field. 

Born on February 2, 2006, and raised in Alliance, Carlie has always had the spirit to help people. This characteristic was emphasized when her sister was diagnosed with an aneurysmal bone cyst in her C4 vertebrae, “it was in between her bone and spinal cord and she was very close to being paralyzed. That inspired me to become a pediatric doctor and I’ve always loved kids and wanted to help people.” Signing with the RHOP(Rural Health Opportunities Program) Carlie has received paid tuition to Chadron State College where she will be earning her bachelor’s degree in human biology; Carlie has a guaranteed spot at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha where she plans on earning her medical degree. This opportunity came from promising to use her education provided by RHOP to better the medical fields in rural towns within Nebraska. 

Not only is Carlie extremely motivated, but she is also talented and that is shown through her activities. Examples of this are her involvement with one-act, musical, and choir; using these school activities to develop her hobbies. When given free time from the extensive amount of extracurriculars she participates in Carlie enjoys painting, spending time with friends and family, and furthering her relationship with God. The most important aspect of Carlie’s life is spreading love and treating everyone with kindness, which is clear by her choice of career and her attitude towards her peers. 

As this school year comes to an end the SPUD wishes her the best of luck and is excited to see all she accomplishes after high school.