• Graduation is Sunday, May 12 in Bulldog Stadium at 2pm.

• Juniors who are taking dual credit classes next year, please return your registration to Ms. Garwood before you leave Wednesday.

• Congratulations to the Class of 2019!

Ariana Grande: Success Against All Odds

Ariana Grande: Success Against All Odds

Miller Mobley

Miller Mobley

Miller Mobley

Crystal Garza, Staff Writer

Ariana Grande is a 25-year-old pop artist, who has blown up and created a huge legacy for herself this last year. 2018 was definitely one of the most impactful years for both her personal life and her career. Last year she was named Billboard’s 2018 woman of the year. In early August of 2018, she came out with her 4th album entitled, Sweetener. This album was a huge hit and immediately flew up in the charts.

Following the release of her amazing fourth album there were some major personal confrontations in her life. She ended her engagement in late 2018 with her now ex, Pete Davidson, who was her boyfriend of just a short few months. She had to deal with the loss of Mac Miller, who was her long time friend and partner of 2 years. She collaborated with him on her track “The Way” in 2013 and was later featured on his song “My Favorite Way” in 2016.

During this tough period of her life she experienced a major battle to better herself. Just a few months after her “Sweetener” album was released, she came out with one of her biggest singles ever, “Thank U, Next.” This single impacted thousands and gave people the realization that Ariana, through all her pain and heartache, managed to push through and better herself as a person. She learned how to deal with the heartache, and how to make music with her friends to create an even bigger hit. She has even said it was sort of like therapy for her.  

Ariana Grande’s 5th album “Thank U, Next” was released in February of 2019, making her 4th and 5th album only 6 months apart. Ariana Grande has definitely skyrocketed to fame with her three top singles on billboard’s top 100. Her current top three singles are “7 Rings,” “Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored,” and “Thank U, Next.” This broke news due to the fact that it’s the first time this has happened since The Beatles were on the scene. But, even more groundbreaking, was that Ariana is the first solo artist in history to achieve this accomplishment.

Success like this shows just how much perseverance she has had when dealing with so much on her plate. Ariana Grande has truly become a more diverse artist with a much different sound, and attitude. She has paved the way for many other solo artists in the field and she is definitely not stopping now. Her story shows everyone that anything is possible if you rely on yourself, because you are better than what you are going through.