Creative Communications!

Creative Communications!

Learning skills to use throughout life is one of the most important parts of high school. This year Alliance High School implemented a required course for freshmen called “Creative Communications”. It revolves around teaching students life-long skills. When Mrs. Green, the teacher for creative communications, was asked about goals for what skills she planned to teach the students she said, “The goal is to help students become more effective communicators and for school presentations, college presentations, or job interviews. The purpose is to learn to speak effectively to others and communicate your ideas clearly.” With assignments such as; gathering research, citing credible sources, understanding the bias of source material, organizing ideas and content, generating clear thesis statements, and creating effective introductions in presentations being used to teach these lessons.

This class became required in the freshmen curriculum this semester, although previously it was a pathway. Adjusting to this change has been smooth, “They’re doing all of their speeches and they’re doing an amazing job because I tried to make it fun and not stressful,” stated Mrs. Green. When interviewing the students about how they feel creative communications can benefit them throughout life Hailey Rodman said, “It depends on what you want to do. I feel that it will help a lot of socially awkward kids, and it will help me and everyone else to talk to large crowds better.” 

With many reviews, it is clear to see the beneficial part of this class. Having the chance to take this class brings knowledge that can improve aspects of adult life!