New History Teacher!

It isn’t news that a majority of our current high school teachers are leaving. With this being said, many positions need to be filled at Alliance High, and lucky for us Wyatt Fiscus has decided to fill a position as a history teacher. 

Born in Bayard, Nebraska, Wyatt Fiscus became intrigued with history and politics his senior year when assisting his history teacher. This interest soon developed into his desired career which he sought out by attending WNCC (Western Nebraska Community College) for two years, and later transferred to Chadron State College to finish his degree in secondary education. 

Outside of his passion for teaching, Wyatt Fiscus pursues his hobbies and interests in video games and art. He is also quite active, going to the gym regularly and often going on hikes. When he’s not busy with school and activities, Mr. Fiscus is very interested in exploring politics and writing. When asked about what he would have chosen if not teaching his response was, “I probably would have liked to go into something related to history or politics at one point I wanted to go into internships with politicians. I feel like writing would have been another thing I would have gone into if it wasn’t for teaching.” 

When speaking with Mr. Fiscus about what he’s looking forward to in his first year of teaching he responded, “I think it’s really just getting out there in the real world finally and being able to start the career I’ve been working towards for the last five years”. With starting this new career he hopes to benefit the students with a new teaching style that he explained as “more experience-based learning rather than memorization-based learning”.

Alliance High School is happy to welcome Wyatt Fiscus as our new history teacher and excited to see all he accomplishes in his first year of teaching!