FBLA SLC 2022

Brooklyn Branstiter, Editor

The Alliance chapter of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) had their state competition in Kearney from April 11-13. Twenty-Five students went to Kearney to show all the big schools what they’ve got. These students have been preparing for this competition since the school year started. 

The FBLA students and advisors left Alliance at 5:00 on Monday morning. When they arrived in Kearney around noon, they hustled to get changed into their business attire and left for the Yunes Conference Center. At one, they attended a seminar welcoming all of the different chapters of FBLA. Next year’s state officers were also introduced. Once this was done, the testing began! Students taking the objective tests have spent all of their work nights studying. Those who were in projects had to have their projects submitted before the competition. 

On Tuesday morning, the objective tests started taking place at 9:00. Tests were being taken all the way up to 4:00 in the afternoon. Throughout all of these long days, seminars were available for the FBLA students to attend. At 6:00 Tuesday afternoon, the delegates all attended a meeting where next year’s officers were voted on and elected. Shelbee Burke, Brooklyn Branstiter and Wade Sanders were the delegates for the Alliance chapter. The people running the competition provided a buffet supper for all of the FBLA chapters on Tuesday night. 

On Wednesday morning, the awards ceremony took place. All of the Alliance FBLA members did amazing on their tests. FBLA has provided the students with various opportunities to get out, meet new people and learn new things. Below are the awards that were given to the Alliance members. *Honorable Mention is top 4% in the state*

Shelbee Burke: 7th in Journalism, Honorable Mention in Organizational Leadership

Brooklyn Branstiter: Honorable Mention in Journalism

Annaka Digmann: Honorable Mention in Healthcare and Administration

Emily McCune: 4th in Sales Presentation, Honorable Mention in Spreadsheet Applications

Carver Hauptman: Honorable Mention in Business Calculations

Wade Sanders: 4th place in Accounting II

Kenna Montes, Jordan Yearling, Kate Liu: 1st in Publication Design

Macy Crabtree, Marion Rodriguez, Mason Trumble: 6th in Website Design

The Alliance Chapter of FBLA did very well at the State Leadership Conference. Kenna Montes, Jordan Yearling and Kate Liu will be traveling to Chicago this summer for Nationals. We are all very proud of the FBLA members!