Homecoming Week 2020

Chloe Mann, Staff Writer

Homecoming Week 2020

Despite all that has been endured this year, Alliance High School still got to have a homecoming week. This year’s homecoming was celebrated with the theme, “Home Sweet Homecoming.” Many students participated in the activities and showed a lot of school spirit! 

Monday’s theme was “Rolo” -ver day where the students were encouraged to wear their pajamas to school. The majority of the school, including those who were quarantined, took part in this theme. Later that day, the coronation took place in the gym. Our 2020 homecoming King was Jace Moss, and our Queen was Ashlyn Gosnell. Following the coronation of homecoming royalty was the burning of the “A”. Tuesday’s theme was “Smartie” Day or dress like a nerd. Many students wore their broken glasses and suspenders to show their school spirit!

Wednesday’s theme was “Skittles” Taste the Rainbow Day. Each class, along with staff, was assigned a specific color. AHS was on Friday schedule so the students had extra time to compete in the famous “Mini-Olympics.” On Thursday, students showed their patriotism for “Bomb Pop” Day, where they were to dress in red, white, and blue. They then held a pep rally where all of AHS gathered in the gym and got hype for the upcoming homecoming game. The mini Olympic teams crowned their champions, “The Crewmates”, as well.

Friday’s theme was “Life is Sweet at AHS” Day, and the students and staff showed their school pride by wearing their blue and white. After school, the homecoming parade took place, where activities, sports, classes and other positive groups all had special floats to show off their school pride. The AHS band and the AMS band also marched in the parade and played some awesome music! The home football game against the Scottsbluff Bearcats was a tough battle for the Bulldogs, but they did not give up spirit, nor did they stop fighting. The football boys played tough and fought hard, but ended up losing the game 0-35. 

This week produced another year’s worth of memories that all of AHS will remember forever. All of the SPUD hopes you had the best time, and can’t wait to see you at the dance that will take place on October 10, 2020, from 8-11 pm in the common area!