Fall Vocal/Jazz

Fall Vocal/Jazz
Fall+Vocal%2FJazz

Fall Vocal/Jazz 

I love hearing and seeing people playing instruments, singing, and dancing. I got to see our very own high school students play in the jazz band and sing in multiple choirs. 

The Alliance Jazz band has been doing so well this year. They sound awesome! Let’s also say congratulations to them for scoring so high as a whole band and jazz band. They have done such a good job this year and have been getting good scores during the competition!

When I interviewed Mrs.Mangas she said, “I have always enjoyed playing in my high school band! That’s also why I wanted to be a band teacher. I have always thought that god gave me the gift to play! I believe our band is always doing really well and I think that’s because they all learn from each other. I also think there are a lot of role models in this class. A lot of people look up to the seniors and most of the upperclassmen. We always get new players and I love that! I just wanna say we always do good no matter what score we get or what people say about us. I love this band they are like my family.” 

Dr. Kloch, the AHS choir teacher, has done such a great job this year. It was thrilling to see the choir sing after the jazz band’s performance. The group’s singing, solos, and dancing were well put together. They had great songs like I Need a Hero, To Be Loved, Underdog, and Black Bird..(etc). The choreography like the spinning each other and having the girls go on the boy’s hips at the end was a show stopper. 

Most of the students I’ve talked to said that the choir did an amazing job singing and dancing! This person who’d like to stay anonymous said, “ I really enjoyed dancing and singing in these performances! It brought me such joy to sing with my peers. It has been a great year so far with everything that we’ve learned in choir! I will be so pleased if people join next year it is so much fun! Have a great rest of the year!” 

It has been a great year for both of these groups! Keep up the hard work. I know you guys will do great things in the future!