Upcoming Music: September 2018

Crystal Garza, Staff Writer

Welcome back everyone! It is the month of September, and for most people, this means back to school, which contains a lot of homework, presentations, and activities. Now that school has started, so will new music. This month will consist of lots of new albums which means you can now listen to any sort of music you are interested in, that is after finishing your homework of course. Here is your September issue of upcoming music, with artists including Carrie Underwood, David Guetta, and Russ.

Carrie Underwood: Cry Pretty

Carrie Underwood is a well known country singer, and a winner of American Idol. She has been in the show business since 2004 and released her debut album in 2005 entitled “Some Hearts.” Followed by more albums such as “Blown Away,” and “Play On.” Some songs on the album include “Cry Pretty,” “Low,” and“Backsliding.” This new album will be her sixth studio album and it is set to release on September 14 of this year. Carrie states that she feels like she is at her strongest point of her career and you can definitely hear that in this album.

David Guetta: 7

David Guetta is viewed as one of the biggest dance music artists with albums full of featured artist, and his 7th studio album is set to the next best thing. The album includes features from, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, Sia, J Balvin, and more. Some of the songs on the album include “Don’t Leave Me Alone” feature Anne-Marie, “Flames,” “Like I do,” and “To You.” The Album is set to release September 14.

Russ: Zoo

Russ is a 25 year old Rapper from Atlanta, who has just recently grown in popularity. He has  loved Rap and Hip Hop since he was very little, and has been in the business for about 10 years and has 11 albums, with only one of them so far being highly recognised. His first major album was released in 2017, which was entitled, “There’s Really a Wolf,” with one of his biggest singles and his first song to be on the hot 100 hits. “What They Want.” His Album “Zoo” includes songs like “Tell Me Why,” “The Flute Song,” and “Nobody’s Safe.” This album is set to release September 7. Maybe this will be a smash album!

September is sometimes a dreaded month for most students. Maybe these new albums will help students get through school!

More Upcoming Music:

Paul McCartney: Egyption Station – Sep 7

Tori Kelly: Hiding Place- Sep 14

Amy Ray: Hollar- Sep 28

Amy Help: This Too Shall Light- Sep 21

Josh Groban: Bridges- Sep 21