Do’s and Don’ts To Prom

Dos and Donts To Prom

Caylee Loomis, Editor

As prom is right around the corner. Many people are searching high and low for their outfits. Whether it’s a dress or a pantsuit, a tux or a button up, prom is a huge highlight to many. With prom only being a few weeks away hosted  on May 6, promposals are being placed. Many have asked whats the right way to ask out your loved one to prom?

I held a poll asking some students from senior year  what their do’s and don’ts to promposals are. “ Don’t ask someone to prom by a pizza box, its cheesy and kind of lazy.” Promposals don’t have to be big or small, but many are just looking for effort. Such as flowers: “Flowers are nice, but some people prefer one over the other, really get to know the girl and her interest, It doesnt have to be big and fancy but a little effort goes a long way.”

Everyone wants to look their very best for prom! A little makeup goes a long way, such as applying too much. Picture this your date is waiting down your stairs as you slowly walk down. Not a smile in sight, or a complement, at that point it’s time to turn around. Let’s talk approaching prom make a entrance no you don’t need to have all eyes on you but a couple will be fine, make your prom date known!

As time goes on and prom comes closer keep your eyes open for a potential promposal. A little goes a long ways for prom night. The SPUD wishes everyone a good luck and have a fun time at prom!