AHS Musical!

Allexis Rolstad, Staff Writer

The Alliance High School showcased James and the Giant Peach, the show we’ve all been waiting for. Countless hours of hard work were put in by the cast, crew and volunteers and they definitely did not disappoint this year. The musical was performed on the 12th and 14th of April.

The show began with Ladahlord, the narrator who is played by Darian Wilson, telling the story of James, a young british boy. The nurse, Cherokee Purviance, was telling James, played by Grace Tolstedt, that his parents had died and that he would have to live with his two crazy aunts. After discovering a giant peach, his aunts, Spiker and Sponge, played by Bailey Alwin and Mackenzie Broderick, try and use it for money. The peach ends up rolling away into the ocean with James on top, accompanied by six giant bugs, who become family to him as they float all the way to New York. The bugs include Paul Martini as the grasshopper, Brielle Alwin as the spider, Bailey Johnson as the ladybug, Caleb Garcia as the earthworm, and Tristan Bleisch as the centipede.

Other Cast Members and Crew:

Britteny Morgan, Kat Kuzmic, Sarah Steele, Aubrey Garrett, Diana Kollars, Jayden Moomey, Stephen Reid, Marvin Canitz, Calysta Trevino, Brianna Krebs, Linnea Bleisch, Maycee Garcia, Camden Garcia, Jenson Curtis, Magi Hoff, Mariah Stewart, and Jack Moomey

The actors and crew were not the only ones doing the work to create a successful show, there is much more that goes into it. Kent Bleisch was responsible for set while Elaine Bleisch and Brayla Alwin were responsible for the costumes and hair. Cynthia Horn also did a great job as the accompanist.

After watching the musical, it was easy to tell how much effort and dedication was put in by everyone involved.  It was a great experience to watch these talented students take the stage and perform for the community.