2023-2024 School Year

Jamie Brooks, Staff Writer

It’s a stressful time of the year again for teachers. There are teachers who are looking to find a teaching job, and there are teachers who are exploring more of their life. I am glad that there are teachers who are willing to teach us and help us throughout our time at AHS!

The Alliance High School is welcoming more staff for the 2023-2024 school year. The high school is getting more teachers because they want to expand the students’ electives and possibly round out their education a little more. Mr. Stein, the principal at the high school, said, “ I am very excited to be getting more teachers for next school year, because there are some great ones coming. They are going to help with there being more electives for students, hopefully, there will be enough that the kids can go through and explore different things and maybe get out of their comfort zones.” 

Mr. Stein is upset that some teachers are leaving at the end of this year but he understands. Mr. Stein said, “Teachers must do what is best for themselves and their families. Some teachers are retiring and some are leaving for a different teaching job an example is Mrs. Smith she loves working here with all the students but she has worked here for 32 years and she is retiring so she can go do what’s best for her.” Mr. Stein wants the Alliance High School building to be filled with the best teachers there are and teachers who want to work and are willing to give us an education. 

I am so grateful that I had the chance to be taught by the teachers here, and that they wanted to give me an education. I am very excited to see the new teachers next year and I hope they are as excited to teach the students here at AHS!

2023 – 2024 Teachers: (These teachers have been approved by the board)

Cathay Fingar- English

Katie Ackerman- Science

Rebecca Thompson- Science

Christy Jelinek- Math

Michael Baker- Activities Director

Tristen Stein- Head Football Coach, PE, and weights