State FFA

State+FFA

Jamie Brooks, Staff Writer

FFA State was March 29 – 31 and the Alliance FFA chapter got to compete and show everyone who we are and why we were there. The chapter did an excellent job!

Keera Stanec, Brooklyn Burri, Kaiden Krebs, and Maira Richey were all on a team for FFA State they did a great job this year for it being everyone’s first year! Keera said, “We didn’t place in the top 10 as we wished but we did well overall. I was proud to see my team push through everything and finish.” Her team mainly went to state to see what it was like and to get the experience but winning would have been a bonus. The Alliance FFA chapter did really well throughout the whole competition and Keera was very proud of her team. Keera said, “I only competed in Agriscience but I think I did pretty well and I feel very confident with what I did.” Keera stated, “The best thing about going to state was meeting a whole bunch of people and making new friends everywhere I went.”

Dezyrae Hausmann, a senior at Alliance High School and the FFA president was thrilled about going to state for FFA! She was practicing continually up until the week of state competition. Dezyrae did a fantastic job this year for state FFA. She said, “ I placed 15th overall in the individual area of Ag Biotechnology, I also competed in Floriculture, Environmental Resources, and Natural Resources.” Overall the chapter did an excellent job with two individuals heading to nationals; Delaney Childers and Jayda Meyring! Multiple other individuals placed in the top ten of their category along with several teams in the top five. As a chapter, they were recognized as one of the top chapters in the state! Dezyrae said, “My best area was Ag biotechnology because I have been competing in that area for two years now, and in both years I was very successful.” The best experience for Dezyrae was being able to compete and being given the opportunity to see what it was like, and making new friends and meeting new people also had a small part in that too. Dezyrae is very sad that this is her last year apart of the Alliance FFA Chapter she has so many memories throughout the four years she has been apart. She said, “While I am very sad that I will more than likely never get to zip up that blue corduroy again, I am glad that I got to zip it up in the first place.”

I am so proud of this chapter and how far they have come from the beginning of the year. I hope they continue to do great things and create many more memories!

2023 FFA State Winners

Ag Biotechnology- Blue

Dezyrae Hausmann- Blue

Kaylee Henthorn- Blue

Carver Hauptman- 

RedKaigan Mcbride- White

Ag Sales- Purple

Seth Meyring- Purple

Jayda Meyring- Purple

Makenna Quick- Red

Jackson Bailey- White

Ag Technology & Mechanics Team

Tate Thompson- Purple

Aiden Bolek- Blue

Carson Thomas

Keaton Mann

Agriscience Team

Brooklyn Burri- Red

Kaiden Krebs

Keera Stanec

Maira Richey

Agronomy Team

Tate Thompson- Red

Jackson Bailey- White

Makenna Quick

Keaton Mann

Environmental & Natural Resources Team- Blue

Carver Hauptman- Blue

Jackson Bailey- Blue

Kaigan Mcbride- White

Dezyrae Hausmann

Farm & Agribusiness Management Team- Red

Tate Thompson- Purple

Catherine Bryne- Blue

Peyton Kindred

Emily Thompson

Floriculture Team

Dezyrae Hausmann- Blue

Kaigan Mcbride- Red

Macy Brooks

Mandie Ylander 

Livestock Evaluation: Junior Division Team- White

Rozlyn Wills- Blue

Teresa Steadman- Red

Shyla Salcido- White

Ayden Digmann

Livestock Management Team- White

Delaney Childers   

Josie Sanders 

Sutten Parkison 

Emily Thompson

Rozlyn Wills

Meats Evaluation & Technology Team- Purple

Jayda Meyring- Purple

Seth Meyring- Purple

Josie Sanders- Purple

Delaney Childers- Blue