State FBLA

State+FBLA

Jamie Brooks, Staff Writer

FBLA State was April 3 – 5 and the Alliance FBLA chapter had beengiven the opportunity to represent what we could do! They took very few kids but they definitely will be remembered. 

Kinzie Bridge, a freshman at Alliance High School joined FBLA to see what it was like to know if she would be interested in being a part of it in the future, turns out she will be! Kinzie did an excellent job at state this year for it being her first year. She said, “ I placed second in Intro to Business Communication that being said I get to go to nationals this year. I also took part in three other tests but did not place in them.” The FBLA chapter did really well, five people from the chapter got to go to nationals: Kinzie Bridge, Christian Soriano, Mario Rodriguez, Mason Trumble, and Emily McCune. Kinzie mentioned the thing that made state so much fun was being able to experience what she did and meeting the seniors, she said the seniors were a lot of fun to be around. Kinzie’s best subject at state was Business Communication because it was focused on grammar and she is really good at grammar. 

Emily McCune, a sophomore at Alliance High School and the FBLA president was stoked to go to state this year because she knew her chapter was going to rock it and they did. Emily did an amazing job at state this year! She said, “ I placed seventh in Spreadsheet Application therefore I am going to nationals, I also placed in Honorable Mention and Sales Presentation. I also competed in Parliamentary Procedures and  Accounting.” The team did really well, they didn’t bring a huge amount of kids, but overall individually they did place and they pushed themselves to do their best. She stated, “The best thing about going to state was seeing everyone’s work at work night and when they would walk out of the room with their heads held high knowing they did a fantastic job.” Emily’s best subject at state was Spreadsheets because she works with many spreadsheets in FBLA and her life is organized by a spreadsheet. 

I hope everyone who went had an awesome time! I hope that they are all glad that they got to represent the Alliance High School at the state and showed them how good we are. 

2023 FBLA State Leadership Conference Winners

Intro to Business Communication 2nd Place-Automatic National Qualifier

Kinzie Bridge

Public Service Announcement  3rd Place-Automatic National Qualifier

Mario Rodriguez

Christian Soriano

Mason Trumble

Digital Video Production 4th Place

Mario Rodriguez

Christian Soriano

Mason Trumble

Spreadsheet Applications 7th Place

Emily McCune

Human Resource Management 8th Place

Kalli Bridge

Honor Mentions Top 4% of the Test Takers

Business Communication-Abe Gomez

Business Communication-Carver Hauptman

Personal Finance-Carver Hauptman

Healthcare Administration- Simmi Kaur

Sales Presentation-Emily McCune