Thanksgiving Thanks

Thanksgiving Thanks

Brooklyn Branstiter, Staff Writer

Thanksgiving is a day of giving thanks. Whether you are at home preparing the meal, traveling to be with family or are spending it with yourself, you can take some time to think about what you are grateful for. The AHS students were sent a poll asking them what they were most grateful for. The students had many different choices: family, life itself, friends, food, school or had the choice to type their own answer. 

Over 38% of the answers were for family. Family is such a great gift for many. The second most chosen option was “life itself.” This came as a shock to me. When I think of high school students, I commonly think of friends out having fun together. It is nice to know that other students my age are expressing gratitude towards life. Life is such an amazing blessing that comes with many great things. 

Not surprisingly, the next most selected choice was friends. Having a good circle of friends to hang around and grow up with is such an important thing. Some have one or a few really good friends and lots of acquaintances, while others have many best friends with just a few acquaintances. Different people have different ways of making friends and that is okay. 

Food and school had very few votes. Even though the majority of the votes went to family, life, and friends, some people do not have good experiences with those things. So for some people, food and school are escapes. Knowing that some people go without a good family or best friends makes me want to give extra thanks for mine. 

It may be easy to get lost in all of the delicious foods, but remember to give your thanks, whether it be for family, friends, life, food, school, Harry Styles, your significant other or all of the above. And if none of those apply to you, be grateful for the sun, the moon, the clouds, the ground, the wind, the sky or the Earth. There are many amazing blessings to be thankful for. The SPUD wishes you all a very happy Thanksgiving filled with many warm wishes and lots of yummy food.