• Graduation is Sunday, May 12 in Bulldog Stadium at 2pm.

• Juniors who are taking dual credit classes next year, please return your registration to Ms. Garwood before you leave Wednesday.

• Congratulations to the Class of 2019!

Social Media Trends; Viral Dances (So Far)

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

Everyday, through social media trends are destroyed and created. These internet trends include anything from makeup, fitness, fashion, as well as countless other things. Over the past couple of years, one of the most popular trends have been different dance moves. So, let’s go over some of the most popular dance moves from both the recent past and currently.

The Woah: The woah was very recently created by Lil Uzi Vert, Drake, and Travis Scott. The woah is a dance move that involves freezing on the beat by making a swift movement with your fists. The woah became popular originally on Tik Tok and has since spread on other social media platforms.

Drake “In My Feelings.” : The “In My Feelings” challenge, or the #KekeChallenge, was first started by the comedian, Shiggy, who posted a video of himself on Instagram dancing to the song. The “In My Feelings” challenge involves jumping out of a moving car and dancing in the middle of the road to the song, “In My Feelings,” by Drake.

The Shoot: The shoot was created by BlocBoy JB, when he released his song ‘Shoot,’ where he appears doing the dance in his music video. The shoot consists of hopping on one foot, kicking with the opposite foot and shaking your fist by moving your elbow.

The Running Man Challenge: The running man challenge was created by two young men from New Jersey, Kevin Vincent and Jeremiah Hall. The challenge was soon picked up by Jaylen Brantley and Jared Nickens from the University of Maryland’s basketball team. The Running Man Challenge is a variation of doing “The Running Man” to an old song made in the 90’s “My Boo,” by Ghost Town Djs. The challenge soon went viral after being seen on the Ellen show.

Dabbing: The Dabbing challenge is probably the easiest dance of them all, considering it is one move and one move alone. It’s been done in many videos, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t crept up in everyday situations, such as becoming a signature pose for pictures. Celebrities and athletes have even been seen performing this move on many social media platforms. The Dabbing challenge consists of dropping your head into the bent crook of an angled arm while the opposite arm is straight out in a parallel direction.

Baby Shark: Last but not least, the baby shark challenge. The challenge started off as a song, but soon became known as a viral dance move. The baby shark challenge has people hopping out of vehicles, much like the “In My Feelings,” challenge and dancing to the “Baby Shark” song. The song was originally a Korean kids sing-along produced by Pinkfog in 2014. The dance version, which was released two years later, caused it to go viral all over again. The baby shark dance consists of 6 different dance moves, mommy shark, daddy shark, grandma shark, grandpa shark, and let’s go hunt. The dance is a biting motion from left to right each time. Shortly after going viral, it was seen all over Youtube, Facebook, and Tik Tok.

Without social media or the internet, these fun dance challenges wouldn’t exist. All of these dance challenges became popular as people began uploading them on the internet, causing them to go viral in just hours. With just eight months left in 2019, you can expect countless more challenges on the way.