What is the Superior Cereal?

Chloe Mann, Staff Writer

What is the Superior Cereal?

Have you ever been asked to name ten cereals while your sibling is continuously punching you in the face? It’s a pretty difficult task. But have you ever been asked what your favorite cereal is? That is an easier one. The real question is… what is the superior cereal?

A poll was sent out to the students of Alliance High School asking them what the superior cereal is, and then asking them to make their argument as to why. I received a variety of answers from, “They bussin’,” to, “What the frosted flakes did you just fruitloop about me you little captain crunch?” Which were all very valid arguments. The results were as follows: 

Fruity Dino Bites: 2 votes

Trix:  2 votes

Special K: 2 votes

Froot Loops: 2 votes

Raisin Bran: 2 votes

Cocoa Puffs: 3 votes

Mini-Wheats: 3 votes

Cheerios: 5 votes

Honey Bunches of Oats: 7 votes

Lucky Charms: 7 votes

Frosted Flakes: 9 votes 

Fruity Pebbles: 10 votes

Reeces Puffs: 12 votes

Cinnamon Toast Crunch: 30 votes

Other: 4 votes

Ultimately Cinnamon Toast Crunch won by a landslide with a whopping 30 votes. A student said, “It’s like french toast, and who doesn’t like french toast.” Another said, “Cinnamon Toast Crunch is absolutely superior and no one can say different. Once you’re done with the bowl and go to drink the milk, it is full of cinnamon and it is like drinking horchata. The cinnamon and crunch of the cereal itself can warm a person’s soul.” 

Of course, there were several other valid arguments for the other cereals as well. One student arguing for frosted flakes said, “Frosted Flakes have the IMMACULATE amount of sweetness and hearty nutrients. Once the frosted flakes hit the milk it is the perfect combo of SWEET and CRUNCHY. No other cereal will compare. Take Lucky Charms, for example, you only eat the cereal for the marshmallows, another point of why Frosted Flakes are the most immaculate cereal known to mankind due to it all being sweet, flavorful, and crunchy.” One arguing for Special K remarked, “I personally have a grandma personality, and I feel as if Special K is the best because of the rice and grain puff is the absolute best especially if you mix it into strawberry yogurt.” Everyone’s opinion seemed to be very different from one other, and I was sure for a second that a few students were willing to get violent defending their answer. 

Overall Cinnamon Toast Crunch took the cake, but other students who feel very strongly about their choice made very valid and sometimes aggressive arguments. So in the end I think it’s safe to say that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the most popular cereal here at AHS. But what is the superior cereal? The world may never know.