2021 AHS Art Gala

Karly Wangler, Staff Writer

Every year, the Alliance High School puts on an annual art gala. This event is ran and set up by Mrs. Kathy Brock, the AHS art teacher. It was held Thursday, February 25, and there was an amazing turn-out. The jazz band performed for the audience, and snacks were supplied. Kids gave out homemade cookies, cupcakes, popcorn and candy for those to enjoy while indulging in the artwork. There were good vibes in the air, and people were enjoying their time wallowing in this talented craft.

There were many things to see, from colorful magazine collages to black and white drawings. They had everything you could think of. You could recognize the amazed faces of the people examining the art work, and the astonishment because of how talented the students at AHS are. The top three artists in each category with the best artwork were awarded a ribbon. There were several judges that examined each piece before the gala started. The students with artwork being displayed, learned if they had received an award when they showed up to the gala.

There were a few outstanding projects made by Ariale Hindman, Carver Hauptman, Carlie Schneider and Alaysha Englehaupt. This is the school’s way of recognizing and commemorating the amazing work students have provided to this school. The audience could also enjoy the hallway that leads to the art room, which is painted with murals of famous artists including: Picasso, Frida Kahlo and the famous Bob Ross.

Students, their families and simply anyone from the community who has an interest in the arts are welcomed to the gala. It is a time to relax and enjoy the amazing artwork created by the talented students who attend AHS, and have a good time. It gives the audience a taste of big city life in this small town.

Congratulations to all of the students that received an award at the 2021 gala! We cannot wait to see what the students will create next year.