• Graduation is Sunday, May 12 in Bulldog Stadium at 2pm.

• Juniors who are taking dual credit classes next year, please return your registration to Ms. Garwood before you leave Wednesday.

• Congratulations to the Class of 2019!

The “A” Club

The “A” Club

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

Have you ever wondered where sports get their fundings from? The “A” Club helps with that. It is an organization at AHS that helps support athletic programs by raising money, organizing concessions for sports, and much more.

The money that the “A” Club earns is always put toward the athletic programs. The “A” Club also has their own scholarship; “It’s a Great Day To Be A Bulldog.” The scholarship is awarded to a student who has been involved in their school, has been a good role model, and is always positive. The “A” Club also plans to spend their funds by investing in technology to live stream home games by next year.

For each sport, the “A” Club spends their money on very different things; however, this doesn’t mean one sport gets more funding than the others. They try their best to promote all sports, even though sometimes it may be hard.

Mrs. Garwood, the sponsor of the “A” Club says, “We do some individual things for sports, but it’s mainly all together. We don’t base our focus on one sport, we base it on all of it together. Being able to live stream is a good example of that. We work hard to promote all of our athletes, so being able to live stream will be a big one. Live streaming will be locally and across the United States. Mr. Barrow will be planning to help with it. It’ll help get our athletes out there. But mostly, for the families across the country. They’ll be able to watch their athlete compete instead of listening to the radio.”

Members of “A” Club include anyone who has lettered in a varsity sport; however, there are four officers. Ryley Rolls president, Mason Hiemstra vice president, Madison Gibson secretary, and Blythe Boness sargent-at-arms. The officers are selected and voted on by the coaches; there are specific traits that are sought after. They must be seniors and have lettered in at least one sport. The “A” Club holds meetings only when they feel they are needed.

Some of the responsibilities of the officers/members include working concessions, delivering all of the school calendars at the beginning of the school year, setting up for the “A” Club banquet at the end of the year, as well as many other responsibilities.

The “A” Club is always looking for more ideas to have a different direction and purpose so they will always have room for people to join. They are truly developing themselves to become more of an active/productive club. In the near future the “A” Club is sure to bring some very beneficial projects to AHS athletics.