Senior Writers Bid Farewell

The SPUD Seniors reflect on their experiences writing for the SPUD.

(R-L) Nicole Williamson, Edgar Reynaga, Parker Cyza, Trae Herdt

As the graduating class of 2014 has completed their final days of school at Alliance High School, the Spud has bid farewell to four talented writers. Nicole Williamson, Trae Herdt, Edgar Reynaga, and Parker Cyza have all contributed greatly to the school newspaper and they will be greatly missed. Each senior has prepared a final senior farewell, reflecting on their experience as a writer for the SPUD:

Trae Herdt, Staff Writer

I will admit that when I came into this class I thought it would be boring and just a filler class, but after being in here I found the people and stories were really fun and I wouldn’t give it up for anything. This was actually an amazing opportunity to challenge myself and see how well I can write. It  has turned out that this class has helped improve my skills and keep getting better. I only wish that I could have been in here sooner, but I guess the first time is always the best one. So with that being said, I would like to say goodbye to the SPUD, and I hope someone else will take up the articles I wrote, and the contributions I made to this paper.

Nicole Williamson, Staff Writer

As graduation is approaching, all the memories I have made at Alliance High School have come rushing back to my head and it leaves a smile on my face. As a senior I’ve accomplished great things and I couldn’t have done it without the support of my family and friends! I’d like to give a big thank you to all of my teachers for putting up with me the past four years, and especially this year. The classes I took this year were definitely a challenge but I managed to get through them and I had fun doing it! Especially in journalism, I came into this class not expecting to like it as much as I have. The class and Mrs. Digmann are full of life and there isn’t a day that there wasn’t something fun going on! I will miss it but it’s time to move on and make new memories at Chadron State College.

Edgar Reynaga, Senior Editor

Over the past two years, I’ve enjoyed every moment I’ve been given to be in journalism. The writing, the debates, and the endless laughter have made every school day much better. The experiences I have garnered over the past two years will stay with me as I venture into the next chapter of life.

In a few short months, I will begin my college experience in Lincoln, Nebraska as I will attend the University of Nebraska and major in political science with a minor in pre-law with the hope of one day attending law school.

To everyone who made journalism some of the most fun I’ve ever had, all I can say is thank you. May God bless each and every one of you.

Parker Cyza, Editor-In-Chief

The past three years I have spent on the Alliance High School SPUD staff have been truly tremendous, and it has been an honor to provide Alliance High and the Alliance public with news and sports at AHS and across the globe. This is something I’ve been striving to do for a long time and it is something I hope to continue to do in my future. I began my career with the SPUD as the Sports Editor, and gradually moved to the Editor position last year, and topped off with the Editor-In-Chief position this year. The beginning of my tenure with the newspaper was also the beginning of a different era for the SPUD – the start of the online era. I personally believe this addition has greatly enhanced the amount and quality of work that the SPUD staff produces.

As I reflect on my life as a member of the SPUD, I can’t help but think of the bright future this paper has in store. With the class sponsor Tera Digmann, the new Editor-In-Chief Brian Gould, and the many young, high potential writers the SPUD incorporates, I will be thoroughly delighted and content with the quality of work this paper will produce. As I leave, I am highly satisfied that the paper is left in good hands.

I, along with the entire SPUD staff would like to congratulate the graduating Seniors of the Class of 2014, especially the four talented writers who have helped make the school newspaper what it is today. Trae, Nicole, Edgar, and Parker will be missed dearly in this class, but I am sure that they will all go on to accomplish great things. Best of luck! Graduation will be held at 2 pm Sunday, May 18,at Bulldog Stadium.