Cross Country at Karney

Cross Country at Karney

Cross Country at Karney 

The 2023 season for the boys Cross Country team was a great year for them! Our boys placed 3rd by one point for state. It has been two decades since our cross country team has made it to state as a whole team. I got to experience watching our boys: Ben Cassatt-Reina, Mario Rodriguez, Trevor Zurn, Evan Merrihew, Asher Saka, and Devin Graham run at this event. I was thrilled by the way they ran and by how hard they worked up to the process of going to state. There was lots of running and lots of people cheering for this team! 

Our Alliance boys finished state 8th out of 60 teams in our district. Out of 118 boys in the class C division 15 of them got medals. Until this day (October 20, 2023), it had been 13 years since anyone from Alliance received a medal at state! Trevor Zurn earned 14th place medal with a time of 17:27. Everyone watching was so excited to see Trevor Zurn place!  

When I interviewed Ben Cassatt-Reina and Mario Rodriguez they said, “It was such a fun experience to go to state our last year! We love everyone on this team. They are like my second family! These boys are like my brothers and we can’t wait to see them grow on this team when we’re gone! Good luck boys have the best time when we’re gone. Don’t have too much fun without us though.” I interviewed Trevor Zurn as well and he said,”State was so much fun this year! With the seniors and the rest of my teammates, I don’t think I could do anything without them. I will definitely miss my buddies next year. Love you guys so much you’ll be missed!”

Personally I love all of these boys myself. They are so nice, outgoing, and helpful towards others. I’m definitely gonna miss them next year. They are all such strong young men and will continue next year with more great runners. I hope they all know that we will support them no matter what. It was such a great season boys! I know you guys will continue running your hardest! Good luck next year!