Alliance Football Teams Last Home Game

September 13 was the last home football game against Chadron. The AHS Bulldogs went into this game very proud and confident. The Bulldogs did lose 41-26, but there was a lot of support during this game, although it was freezing, everyone was cheering on the boys!

Assistant coach Dalton Holst was very proud of how well the boys played knowing it was the last home game. The game was a tough loss, it was close until the very end. It was unfortunate not to get the win after what all our players and seniors had gone through this year. He said, “I am extremely proud of this team and their effort not only in this past game but all season. I am so pleased with how well we played and how the guys continued to get better with each game.” Holst definitely thinks the team could’ve done better. He thinks that they could’ve limited the big plays, especially on defense. Holst stated, “I definitely think they gave up too many big runs and plays that ultimately led to our defeat.” 

Coach Holst thought that Chadron was very tough, the team was well-disciplined and fast. Holst stated, “They hurt us with their speed on some plays but overall they were a strong team.” This game made the team think a lot about themselves and adversity. It taught them how to bounce back from when things are not going their way, they also learned a lot about team chemistry and working together. This loss they had will hopefully help them win their last game of the season. Coach Holst stated, “ This loss is going to help us finish strong no matter what. Realizing it is the last game, we are going to leave it all out there.” 

I asked Coach Holst if there was anything he would change about the game and he said no, nothing at all. “ Everything happens for a reason and we learn from our mistakes to try and make us a strong team and stronger individuals,” he stated. Coach Holst is very proud of the 2023-2024 football team. They have worked their butts off and have come so far from the beginning of the season! 

Head coach T.D. Stein was proud of how well they played the game Friday and how well they played the overall season. Coach Stein said, “Words cannot describe how proud I am of the team and the commitment they have shown to this program. The seniors have started something great here at Alliance and I’m excited to see where it takes us in the future.” Coach Stein thinks the team played a great game. He said, “ We played awesome, but with any game, there are areas that could be improved.” 

Coach Stein thinks that all the games they have played this season were against some tough teams. That is the testament to high school football in Nebraska. Stein thinks that the boys should have a lot of confidence going into the last game of the season. He stated, “Going into the last game of the season I think we should have some confidence. We have proven that we can play with a lot of great teams, it’s just time to finish with a win going into the offseason.” 

Coach Stein thinks the biggest thing his team is seeing as the season progresses is their potential. “Their upside is huge and I can not wait for things to start coming together”, he stated. In the last game playing Chadron, we had a great atmosphere. The students and parents did an awesome job giving the team energy going into a hard-fought game! Coach Stein said, “ Looking at this season of course there are some things I would change. But at the end of the day, we learned a lot about who we are as a team and what we are capable of.” Stein is very proud of this team, he doesn’t think he could’ve asked for a better one to start his first year of coaching here!

Everyone is super proud of how well the Alliance High School football team did this year. They have fought through so much this year and that shows a lot! They have one last game until the season is completely over so come support our Bulldogs in Sidney Friday the 20 at 7:00!