Why you should join the tennis team.

The AHS boys tennis team did really well this season. They had phenomenal teamwork. On the topic of teamwork the boy’s and girl’s tennis teams are a very inviting team to join. This is due to Scott Mills, he is a part-time railroader, despite that he still finds time to coach tennis. Between the coach and teammates you’re constantly being encouraged to push your limits and be better. Unlike other sports both junior varsity and varsity get to play a fair amount of matches. For state, all six varsity players go plus one alternate from junior varsity, which is usually the number one on the team, in case a player gets hurt. The varsity goes to state every year and plays to decide if they move on to the next round. For state they travel to and stay overnight at Lincoln, Nebraska.

From the start of the boy’s season which begins in fall, and the girl’s season that begins in spring. The Coach Mills has two people take on the position of managers. He says that for each season the managers have to be the opposite gender and preferably players of the opposite season. Amelia joined the tennis because “The coach was really nice, and it didn’t seem like he picked favorites. I also knew that not very many people went out for tennis, so I decided to try it.”

Something to expect for this coming girl’s season is that you’ll get a lot of good vibes, be pushed to do better, and be encouraged to get stronger by your fellow teammates. Don’t worry, if you want to play in the boy’s seasons you can always go out next year. So, in conclusion the SPUD wishes the girls a very good season!