AHS Volleyball Game

The Alliance volleyball team had their home volleyball games on Tuesday the third, against Gering. The team went into this game confident and with a positive attitude. Reserve won both games, Junior Varsity won two games and lost one game, and Varsity won three games and lost one. 

Bailey Shannon, a JV and V player, was very proud of how hard the team fought to beat Gering. She stated, “There is always room for improvement in volleyball but I think under the circumstances and the goals for our team in last night’s game, other than a few points in that game, we did the very best we could.” With Gering having a 0.75% winning streak and Alliance having 0.50% winning streak the girls knew that they were going to have to fight their way through the game. Bailey said, “I think the team we played was one of the toughest teams we have played this year and knowing that we have played them many times so far this season, last night’s game was not the toughest game we have played this season but mentally was very hard to compete with.” If Bailey could change one thing about how the game went she said she would probably change a few of the close calls to have gone the way that their coach wanted them to go. Bailey hopes that everyone was playing to their best ability, given that two of their main players had to sit out in parts of the game due to injuries. Bailey stated, “Beating Gering the fifth time we have played them this season after losing the other 4 was a huge mental gain for our team. Finally executing what we have all known we could accomplish was an amazing thing the team got out of our game.” She also mentioned that, “If that was our last game of the season I am so very happy with it. We all played very hard and no matter what our role was, everyone worked so hard!” 

Shyla Salcido, a JV and V player, thinks that the team played very well, everyone on the bench was ready to step in when they were needed or given a chance. Shyla stated, “Gering is definitely a tough team, but it was just what we needed going into the Western Conference Tournament this weekend. I think we played a great game, some of are starters went down, but we bounced back and finished on top!” Shyla said, “I think the biggest lesson that we learned is that we are capable of playing and competing at that high of a level.” Sometimes the team gets into a slump or they have a rough rotation, but they finally learned to work through those things and make everything work. Shyla thinks after winning that game the team figured out that they were capable of winning, and that helped them compete to there best abilities for their future game. Shyla said, “It’s crazy considering that was our last official home game. It were to consider the next time I play a volleyball game in that setting that I will be the senior playing every minute like it could be our last.” Shyla hopes that the team can continue winning the rest of their season and hopefully go to districts!

Taylee Thompson, a JV and V player, thinks the team did really well especially playing against Gering. Taylee said, “we’ve been competing well against Gering all year and finally came out on top!” The varsity girl played to a set of five and lost only one of those games. Taylee mentioned that she would loved to see them beat Gering in a set of three instead of going to a five-set. Taylee thought that the girls were playing to their best abilities and that’s how they came out with such a great win. “I think that the game will definitely carry over into the Western Conference and help us get some wins over the weekend,” she mentioned. 

Bailey, Shyla, and Taylee all said that the team did very well and had a fun time. I hope the volleyball team has had fun winning against Gering for the first time this season! Come support the volleyball girls at the next game Tuesday October 10.