A Dream Comes True: Angie Davis on to College Basketball

Ella Oezen, Staff Writer

On March 16, 2022, Angie Davis signed her letter of intent to play basketball at Doane University. It’s been her dream to play at a collegiate level since she first started playing basketball in third grade.

Angie Davis had extremely impressive stats this season. According to maxpreps.com, she was the second highest team scorer with 179 points and fourth highest rebounder with 66 boards  (21 offensive and 45 defensive). She also had the third highest number of assists with 21 and she was second on the team with 29 steals. She was named the Maxpreps player of the game seven different times during this season alone.

Davis stated that, “[She has] had a couple different coaches reach out to [her] but [she] did not follow through with any except Doane. After [she] went on [her] visit there [she] was pretty set with [her] decision.”

Davis has been playing point guard and shooting guard over the past years. In college she will mostly play shooting guard. She stated that, “[She has] always wanted to play college basketball ever since [she] was really young. [She loves] the sport of basketball and it is something [she] wanted to continue playing after high school.” Davis is nervous but also excited about playing at college with a different and new team but she is “ready to meet new people and make new friends!” Davis believes that it is going to be challenging to balance classes, practice, weight lifting and other activities. She also thinks that she will get a lot more homework which will also have to fit in her schedule.

Davis stated, “My favorite memory of basketball would have to be the game against Ogallala this season. It was an incredible feeling to beat them and I feel like after that game, we were really confident with ourselves.” She also said that she will miss “the atmosphere of the games. Especially this season, we had a huge crowd that was very supportive. I am going to miss playing in the Alliance gym and having the Dawg Pound cheer us on.”

Alliance High School was lucky to have a phenomenal player like Angie Davis, and our Dawg Pound will greatly miss you. The SPUD would like to wish you the best of luck on a very bright future as a Doane Tiger!