• The Alliance Track Invite is Tuesday, April 16 at 10:30.

• See Ms. Garwood if you are interested in applying for the health cadet program!

• Key Club thanks you for your participation in the recent blood drive and saving lives

• This month's book to movie selection is The Hate U Give. Group discussions will start the week of April 8

Wrestling : Alliance vs. Torrington

Wrestling : Alliance vs. Torrington

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

The Alliance Bulldog wrestling team had their last home dual against the Torrington Trailblazers on January 29, 2019.

Before the wrestling started, the team had a touching senior night, saying thanks to their parents for the love and support throughout the years. There were five senior wrestlers: Braydon Wilson, Henrik Saathoff, Jayce & Jayden Bauer, and Baily Hood. The two senior managers are Ec and Hannah Weare.

The dual started with JV wrestling. Two out of the three wrestlers found success. At 182, Henrik Saathoff, senior and foreign exchange student also defeated his opponent, Alejandro Chavarria, with a pin in 2 minutes and 48 seconds.

The varsity wrestling started shortly after with four out of the five seniors defeating their opponents. At 160, Boone Wilson defeated Jacob Polkowske with a pin in 29 seconds. At 170, Jayce Bauer fell short to Josh Kingsley, 0-8. His twin brother, Jayden Bauer at 195, defeated Riley Grubbs with a decision, 4-1. At 220, Baily Hood also defeated his opponent, Brandon Deen, with a pin in 28 seconds.The Bulldogs defeated the Torrington Trailblazers, 41-31.

A senior, Baily Hood, says, “Wrestling my last home dual was very special. It was special because I got to wrestle in front of everyone who has been supporting me since my freshman year, but it was also sad because it was the last time I will get to wear blue and white in Alliance while competing. My favorite memory of wrestling for AHS will always be making state wrestling my junior year. Meanwhile, wrestling my last home dual did have some disadvantages to it. It reminded me of the things I’m going to miss the most when I graduate: the sport and the coaches. I’m going to miss my coaches the most. They have coached me since I was 4, and especially my dad being a coach. Although, wrestling has helped me to get where I am today. For example, wrestling has helped me get the chance to play college football. Anytime you get to wear the blue and white, it’s a great day.”

The Bulldogs will be traveling to Yoder, Wyoming on February 2 for their last regular seasonal tournament. Districts will be held in Ogallala on February 8 and 9. Shortly after, the State Wrestling tournament will be held in Omaha on February 14-16. The SPUD wishes the wrestlers the best of luck on the rest of their season!

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

Hi everybody! I'm Nikki Haller. I am a sophomore at AHS and this is my first year writing for the SPUD. I am the 15 year old daughter of Tonya Haller and...