• The Alliance Track Invite is Tuesday, April 16 at 10:30.

• See Ms. Garwood if you are interested in applying for the health cadet program!

• Key Club thanks you for your participation in the recent blood drive and saving lives

• This month's book to movie selection is The Hate U Give. Group discussions will start the week of April 8

2018-19 Alliance Wrestling Preview

2018-19 Alliance Wrestling Preview

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

The 2018-19 Alliance Wrestling season begins this month, and with it are renewed hopes and goals. There are many talented wrestlers returning to the mat this winter, alongside a new head coach: Nicholas Myers.

Coach Myers said, “The opportunity to be the head coach just presented itself. It provides me a new challenge to continue to build the widest swath of meaningful , positive relationships as possible, which is the reason I got into teaching/coaching. I’m eager for the opportunity to evolve as a head coach. The thing I am looking forward to the most though, would be to watch the boys improve everyday, not only fundamentally, but as individuals and units.”

To prepare for the upcoming season, the boys did an extensive amount of off-season preparation. They attended the University of Wyoming team camp, the Cowboy Intensive camp, hosted their own team camp, and had open mats twice a week during summer and through the fall.

Their overall goal this year is simple, to wrestle to their maximum effort and for each other. Instead of having an output goal, the team has an input goal. To give it their all everyday, and grow as not only as wrestlers, but also men.

A lot can be expected of the team this year: to compete everyday with a great attitude, a focused mind, an eye for helping others, maximum effort, and of course, a smile. A lot can also be expected from Coach Myers, “The team can expect me to guide them everyday into becoming upstanding, responsible, and inspiring leaders of tomorrow.”

As a team, Alliance is ranked 10th, with 4 ranking wrestlers in the class B pre-rankings. At 120, Paul ruff is ranked 3rd, 138, Asa Johnson is ranked 4th, 160, Braydon Wilson is ranked 6th, and at 220, Baily Hood is ranked 3rd.

This year’s team is full of motivation and love for the mat. They are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their goals this season. Good luck to the 2018-19 Alliance Wrestling team on their upcoming season!

Nikki Haller, Staff Writer

Hi everybody! I'm Nikki Haller. I am a sophomore at AHS and this is my first year writing for the SPUD. I am the 15 year old daughter of Tonya Haller and...