• The first Key Club meeting will be September 20 in the Library. Food will be provided.

• Seniors!! Turn in your class motto, colors, song, and T-Shirt design to Mrs. Digmann or Mrs. Hiemstra by October 1

• Welcome back AHS students!

Softball: Creating a Bond

Da'Nautica Thomas, Staff Writer

As summer ends and school starts, one thing students can look forward to is fall sports. To be specific, softball is one of the many fall sports that is long awaited. Usually, the game is about who wins or loses, or it’s about how well a player did during the game. Along with this something else was witnessed. During a game, the crowd of parents and community members are the ones cheering them on, encouraging them to be the best they can be. It also really helps encourage a player when their own team roots for them, no matter if they get an out or if they didn’t catch the ball.

The Alliance Bulldog Softball team had shown so much spirit towards their teammates while they were playing offense and defense. When watching the game, it can be noticed that the girls have a chant for each of the team members. Sometimes when saying a player’s name it can distract them from the game, so this was a friendly and encouraging way of cheering them on. For softball player #9, Peyton Gibson, the girls often chant “niner niner hit one down the liner go niner go niner go go niner go niner go”. There are many more chants for the other players, but usually they involve echoes. The girls would often be shouting out their cheers, as well as, dancing to them. If someone scored a run or made home-run, they would bang on the fence from the dugout in joy. Softball player, Kylie Adams, quoted that the bond between the team is strong and that it will never be broken.

After experiencing my first softball game but it is obvious that the Alliance softball girls can pack a punch. All it takes is believing yourself and the help of your team to pull you through to see the outcome of the game.