• There will be a boys basketball meeting in Coach Bakers room (209) Wednesday at lunch. Pizza and water will be provided.

• Come support our volleyball team at the Pilfold Invite Saturday, October 20, at 9 a.m.

• There will be a speech team meeting in Mrs. Green's room Wednesday, October 17, after school

• There is no school on Friday, October 19

Volleyball: A Killer Season

Khloe Felker, Staff Writer

The 2017 Alliance volleyball team has been very successful this year. The varsity’s current record is 18 wins and 6 losses. They have shown a tremendous change in attitude, effort, and determination in a shorter amount of time than in previous seasons. The team is constantly finding new ways to work together. And to become a better team. They continue to thrive with every game, slowly crawling their way up the ranking boards, and getting closer and closer to the dream of making it to state. The last time the team made it to state was in 2001.

Coach Jessica Kaiser is very happy with the outcome of the season so far. The team has had very significant changes in being positive teammates, communication, and always keeping a good attitude. The two ankle injuries that have happened on the team have caused a lot of other players to step up, and fill the enormous shoes that they have been given. Coach says “Those are two big significant injuries, but it’s just going to make our team stronger.”

The amount of experience, and mental toughness on the volleyball court this year is one of the main reasons why there is such a notable difference between this year’s season and last year’s. The outcome of all the effort and skill on the team, “Has made for a very enjoyable season so far,” according to coach Kaiser. The team has a very good chance at state if they keep on pushing, working hard and focussing on one game at a time.

Makayla Davidson Setter
Kaylee Mcdonald Setter
Josie Otto Middle/Right Side Hitter
Jaiden Brown Defensive Specialist
Taylor Hopp Right Side Hitter
Marque Crowe Outside Hitter
Haley Hoxworth Libero

Makayla Davidson, a senior on the volleyball team, is very happy with how the season is going so far. To her, being a senior on a team means “You have more responsibility for yourself, and making sure that you’re being a leader to all of the underclassmen on the team.” She explained that the expectations for this years team are definitely much higher than in the previous years. The leadership is to the max this year with seven seniors. Makayla says “Since it’s our last year, we don’t want to lose since it’s our last chance to do this.” Leadership creates a lot of pressure, and they have no excuses because they should know what is expected of them already. The whole team is very focussed and very determined to make it to Lincoln at the end of the season.

The Bulldogs are thriving and will continue to thrive with all their hard work and effort they put into the sport. Each and every one of them has a very big love for the sport. The team continues to make changes to make themselves better, it has made for a very successful season and is molding them into more focussed and determined teammates.