April To Be Released: Movies

Morgan Johnston, Column Editor

April showers bring May flowers, and also some movies worth your while. Movies that have been anticipated since last year, as well movies that haven’t been heard of until this very month are going to show up in theaters everywhere.

The Woman in Gold – April 1     

“The Woman in Gold” is based on a true story of a Jewish refugee who is forced out of her home during World War II. Decades later, the refugee is determined to take some of her past back that was stolen from her; a famous painting called ‘Lady In Gold’ which happened to be of her aunt. An unexpected pair set out on an epic journey for justice some sixty years later.

Furious 7 – April 3

After the death of Paul Walker, many people were skeptical that they were going to release this movie, but here it is. The film returns back to Los Angeles and an angry brother is looking for revenge. The tribute at the end of the movie to beloved actor Paul Walker was moving and heart-warming, a perfect ending to the film.

The Longest Ride – April 10

Nicholas Sparks is at it again. The star-crossed love affair between a champion bull rider and a college student looking for a career in art is put to the tests with conflicting paths. The couple comes across the path of another elderly couple and a connection was made. This book was a page-turner and the anticipation for this movie is high!

Unfriended – April 17

One night, while video chatting, a group of six friends receive a Skype message from a classmate who killed herself a year earlier due to bullying. Thinking it was nothing but a prank, the friends shake it off, but when the stranger starts revealing the friends’ darkest secrets; they knew it’s from beyond our world.

The Age of Adaline – April 24

Something magical happens on a cold night in 1935 when Adaline crashes into a lake. When she comes out, she finds out she will never age again. As her daughter grows old she stays the same age, Adaline keeps her condition a closely guarded secret while going on wild adventures throughout the twentieth century. She soon realizes she can’t live a solitary life forever.

Also this Month

Don’t miss “Little Boy” an uplifting story about the powerful love between father and son. When a seven-year-old boy is willing to do whatever it takes to get his dad home from the war, he discovers anything is possible.

Child 44                                   April 17

Monkey Kingdom                April 17

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2       April 17

Little Boy                                April 24

The Water Diviner              April 24