May Entertainment

May+Entertainment

Jamie Brooks, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again, the end of school. Students are stressed about final exams; teachers are stressed about getting everything graded, and everyone is just rushing around in a panic. So before you, or anybody, explodes relax and find a movie to watch, there are a bunch of new movies coming out every day, so take time, stop rushing, turn on a movie, and just chill. 

Movies: 

Fast X– May 19

Over many missions and against impossible odds, Dom Toretto and his family have outsmarted and outdriven every foe in their path. Now, they must confront the most lethal opponent they’ve ever faced. Fueled by revenge, a terrifying threat emerges from the shadows of the past to shatter Dom’s world and destroy everything — and everyone — he loves.

Director: Louis Leterrier

Starring Actors: Vin Diesel, Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez

Genre:  Action, Crime, Mystery, Thriller

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3– May 5

Still reeling from the loss of Gamora, Peter Quill must rally his team to defend the universe and protect one of their own. If the mission is not completely successful, it could possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.

Director: James Gunn

Starring Actors: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi

The Little Mermaid– May 26

The youngest of King Triton’s daughters, Ariel is a beautiful, spirited young mermaid with a thirst for adventure. Longing to find out more about the world beyond the sea, Ariel visits the surface and falls for the dashing Prince Eric. Following her heart, she makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, to experience life on land.

Director: Rob Marshall

Starring Actors: Halle Bailey, Jonah Hauer-King, Melissa McCarthy

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Musical, Romance