Upcoming Movies: March 2020

Margaret Hoff, Editor-in-Chief

It’s now March and you know what that means, new movies!  There is an array of movies that you can go check out over spring break, or just whenever you’d like. So, let’s jump into the top movies being released this month!

Onward (PG)- March 6

Onward is a suburban fantasy tale in which two teen elf brothers, Ian and Barley Lightfoot, go on a quest to discover if there is still magic left in the world. They hope to use whatever magic they can find in order to connect with their father who died before they even got to know him. 

Directed By: Dan Scanlan

Screenwriter: Dan Scanlon, C. S. Anderson

Starring: Chris Pratt, Tom Holland, Octavia Spencer

Genre: Family/Fantasy

A Quiet Place Part II (R)- March 20

This sequel takes place shortly after the deadly events at home in A Quiet Place. The Abbott family must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in fearful silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the worn path.

Directed By: John Krasinski

Screenwriter: John Krasinski

Starring: Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe  

Genre: Thriller

The Way Back (R)- March 20

A former high school basketball star, struggling with alcoholism, is offered a coaching job at his former school. As the team starts to win, he may have a reason to confront his old demons. But will it be enough to set him on the road to redemption and self-acceptance?

Directed By: Gavin O’Connor

Screenwriter: Brad Ingelsby

Starring: Ben Affleck, Janina Gavankar, Rachael Carpani 

Genre: Drama/Sports

Mulan (PG)- March 27

This live-action remake of the 1998 Disney animated film by the same name retells the story of a girl who goes to war in place of her father. She hides her identity and acts as a man in order to bring honor to her family. This Disney remake will have some differences from the original film though, such as Mulan having no romantic interest. You’ll have to see it in theatres to know more!

Directed By: Niki Caro

Screenwriter: Elizabeth Martin, Lauren Hynek, Rick Jaffa

Starring: Liu Yifei, Jet Li, Gong Li

Genre: Action/Adventure

There are many long-awaited films being released this month, and they look pretty good! If none of these jive with you though, there are a number of other films being released this month as well.

March 13

The Hunt

Bloodshot

My Spy

Never Rarely Sometimes Always

March 20

I still Believe