Ms. Ashtyn Vivion: Agriculture

Crystal Garza, Staff Writer

Ms. Ashtyn Vivion, is the new agriculture science teacher this year at Alliance High School. Ms. Vivion teaches intro to agriculture, environmental natural resources, animal science, plant science, and agriculture mechanics. Ms. Vivion was born and raised here in Alliance, Nebraska, and also graduated from AHS.

After graduating from high school, she attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln, majored in animal science, then did a double minor in Nebraska beef industry scholars, and agriculture business entrepreneurship, graduating with her bachelor’s in animal science, in 2017. She is currently working on her masters in instruction and curriculum to receive her full teaching certificate.

After college, she worked for the Red Angus Association and most recently before this job, worked for Sandhills State Bank. She says her favorite part of her job so far has been FFA. She says it is the most fun because she was very involved in it during high school and throughout college. She says being able to come back and be an advisor has been really fun. She also says everyday in class has overall been fun. She is currently engaged and will be getting married the first week of September! During her free time, Ms. Vivion says she spends lots of time out on her ranch which is 30 minutes south of Alliance!