School Safety In A Small Town

School Safety In A Small Town

Caylee Loomis, Editor

School safety is a key factor in keeping students safe. Whether it’s the security, the drills, or the environment. Worldwide, as of today more schools have experienced more problems and errors than ever before. School threats, drug outbreak, and school lockdowns are becoming more known worldwide. As of today more and more schools are being “targeted” such as small schools the most. Recently schools have been getting the most threats than ever before. Such as fake generated calls reporting a school “shooting”; leading to a mass school lockdown. Students are becoming more conscious on if the school system is really trying its best to keep the students safe.

Keeping people safe at Alliance High School is a huge task for many. I asked the majority of the junior class, how they felt about our school safety.  In response, many stated that “keeping the school safe is very important we do well most of the time, but there are many improvements needed.” School safety goes all the way back to a concern in places such as Tennessee. Schools are experiencing mass protection problems on a day-to-day bases.

School security is being violated and schools are being put in danger. As a small town, it is our goal to keep our community and school system safe. We may be small, but advocating a stronger source for safety could be a huge impact on our school district and many others. The more advocating to keeping schools safe, the more we can help as a whole.