Girls wrestling

Girls+wrestling

Alliance High School has recently started a girl’s wrestling team after a lot of push for parents. Many girls who wanted to wrestle but didn’t want to wrestle boys are extremely excited for this years’s first season. The girl’s wrestling coach is madde Girard. She coached for the Mddle School wrestling team last year along with Darek Wells.

In an interview with Madde she states, “” I decided to apply for the head girls wrestling coach at Alliance High School because I couldn’t think of a better opportunity to bring the passion that I have for this sport along with my personal experience to these young women wrestlers. I grew up watching my cousins and siblings wrestle and over time I developed a deep desire to become a wrestler. With being a spectator and a wrestler, I could not only be relatable and empathetic, but also impactful as a coach. I decided then I was going to apply for this job”. Coach Girard is very excited to be the girl’s wrestling coach. Her goal for the season is to create a program that empowers our female wrestlers. She is doing a very good job of this by encouraging the girls to push themselves and creating a safe environment for them. Everyone is very excited to see what comes in the future for her and the team!

Overall, the girls have been doing very well at their meets and far exceeding everyone’s expectations. I hope they continue their amazing streak of wins as a team and continue to support and lift each other up. Everyone is so proud of them. Keep it up, girls! Go dogs!