• Graduation is Sunday, May 12 in Bulldog Stadium at 2pm.

• Juniors who are taking dual credit classes next year, please return your registration to Ms. Garwood before you leave Wednesday.

• Congratulations to the Class of 2019!

How to Be Single on Valentine’s Day

How to Be Single on Valentine’s Day

Brielle Alwin, Staff Writer

Valentine’s Day is favored by couples and hated by singles. By definition, it is the day to celebrate love and affection. It’s a holiday where couples get to buy each other cute little gifts to show their love and affection, even though that should be showed every day of the year. For those who are single on this too cutesy holiday, they tend to ignore everything going on. Here are a few things that are the key to surviving this holiday if you have no significant other.

The most important thing to remember is that this holiday truly lasts twenty-four hours. If you can sleep through nine of those, and attend school for eight, you only have seven hours left. Once you get through those mushy, lovey seven hours, the greatest day of all time is here: February 15. Every store will be taking down their Valentine Day displays, which means all the candy will be on sale. There is no better way to mend a single heart than stuffing yourself full with cheap candy that reads “CRAZY 4 U”.

Being single on Valentine’s Day keeps you from stressing and spending an obnoxious amount of money on teddy bears and flowers for your significant other. There is no stress of buying the perfect gift and writing the cutest poem in the card. There are no requirements for this day for singles, except carrying a barf bag around, just in case you catch a glimpse of a really lovey-dovey moment in the hallway.

One of the most crucial things to remember about Valentine’s Day is that there is almost always that one teacher who gives out candy. This teacher usually buys the candy in bulk as well, since they must supply all of their classes. They never want anyone to feel left out, so they lavish us with a pack of Skittles. As a single, this simple piece of candy can make the “Day of Remembrance of How Single You Are” better.

Shaylee Standage, a junior, claims she is an expert at being single on Valentine’s Day. Her main advice for surviving this way too romantic holiday is, “Don’t worry about being single on Valentine’s Day because it isn’t going to matter in the future if you were single in 2019. It is just a day.” She claims that the best part about being single on Valentine’s Day is “I don’t have to buy a gift for anyone and I can just gift myself instead.” Even though Shaylee is single on this day, her family never lets her feel alone at their annual Valentine’s Day dinner.

Suffering through Valentine’s Day as a single can be hard to do, but it isn’t impossible. Remember that all the candy goes on sale the very next day, you save so much time and money, and you will always find that one teacher who feels bad for the students and treats them. Valentine’s Day is the day to show your love and affection, so if you are single, do not forget to show some attention to yourself for one day.