• Junior Girls!!!There will be a meeting on Tuesday, January 22 after school in the library for information on Cornhusker Girls State.

• There will be girls and boys basketball games in Ogallala this Friday at 5:30 and 7 pm!

• The AHS Student Council Paint 'N Pop is Saturday, January 19 at 6pm

• Seniors!!! Send your senior and baby pictures to Madison Gibson or Mrs. Brock by April for the yearbook!

Preparation For MAPS!

Preparation For MAPS!

Mareesa Buskirk, Staff Writer

Even though the school year is about to end. MAPS testing is only a few days away. It is very important to stay focused during the week. These tests can determine what classes you qualify for next school year, so it is a necessity to keep studying and keep working.

This year Alliance High School will be having block schedule during the MAPS test. On April 16 and 17, you will attend 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th period. On the 25th and 26th, you’ll attend periods 3rd, 4th, 7th and 8th.  This will hopefully ensure that students are focused and ready to take their MAPS test.

Many teachers are giving students practice tests, study time, and preparing them for the tests. It is so important to take advantage of this time, and really prepare for the tests. It’s easy to lose focus at this time of year. It’s already April, and summer is just around the corner. Some students are dreading the idea of coming to school because it’s almost summer. Nicer weather is coming around, and it just seems like the end of the year is going by so slow, but keep up with the good work!

Staying healthy for the tests can be very beneficial in the long run. Being sick can take away your focus, and your test time. Drinking plenty of water will help from getting sick. Make sure you are getting plenty of rest. You don’t want to take some of your test time blowing your nose, or coughing like crazy. It is a distraction to not only you, but other students.

Shaylee Cook, a junior, said that in preparation for the test she will be going to bed earlier. “I go to bed pretty late on a daily basis, and I’m always tired throughout the day. Going to bed early will just help me in the long run” Sleep is very important especially so you are not tired during your test.

Taking all of these preparation tips into consideration can not only help your overall score, but it can help our schools average. Preparation is very important, so make sure you get rest, stay hydrated, and keep studying!

Mareesa Buskirk, Staff Writer

Hey! I’m Mareesa Buskirk. I am currently a sophomore at Alliance High School. This is my first year being in Journalism, and  am extremely excited for...