• There will be a boys basketball meeting in Coach Bakers room (209) Wednesday at lunch. Pizza and water will be provided.

• Come support our volleyball team at the Pilfold Invite Saturday, October 20, at 9 a.m.

• There will be a speech team meeting in Mrs. Green's room Wednesday, October 17, after school

• There is no school on Friday, October 19

Art Club

Mrs.+Brock
Mrs. Brock

Mrs. Brock

Mrs. Brock

Taylor Manion, Staff Writer

The Alliance High School Art Club is comprised of fifteen plus members and is led by Kathy Brock. You may never see this group in action, but you see their work making an impact towards people. Students that have an interest in art join this club. Mrs. Brock was asked what the Club was about and she answered with, “The Art Club is a group of high school students that get together to do art stuff.” Last year the club went to Lincoln to visit an art museum. Mrs. Brock is still thinking about a field trip for this year.

Art Club gets together once a month and goes to the art room, hangs out, eats junk food, and makes art. This is Mrs. Brock’s fifth year of managing this club, and when asked what the purpose of the Art Club was she answered with, “It’s to get kids together that don’t play sports that like to do art.”

One of the Art Club’s big upcoming projects is painting the hallway leading to the library. Right now it feels like you are walking into a museum since the wall is of warrior and Greek symbols. One of the ideas that Mrs. Brock had for the hallway was a jungle theme. This project hasn’t been confirmed by Mr. Clear quite yet and one problem is they don’t know who is going to help pay for the paint so that they can start.

Magi Hoff is one of the members of Art Club. She is very talented when it comes to art. When asked what she felt the Art Club is all about she replied with, “I would say it’s a fun activity for creative people to interact with other creative people, and to also eat.”

One of the most prefered days for the Art Club members are when they have an art day. This is a day when they all get together if available, and come to do any kind of art. It never has a time limit, it’s just as long as you want to work on your art skills. When I brought up the mural project Magi seemed excited to say, “I’m so excited for the mural project. It’ll be a great change to see from the eyes of students and to also see the kids artistic abilities being published on the hallway.” Another activity that’s a favorite for the club is art day with the elders. This allows members to interact with the elders and get to do art.

The hallway to the Alliance High School library.

All in all, the students in Art Club participate in many projects and would be a great club for anyone who is interested in doing art. It is a great club to interact with some of your peers and when the day comes, your elders.