• SENIORS!! Turn in a quote, baby picture, and senior picture to Safyre Yearling!

• Great job this season, volleyball girls!

• Seniors! Log onto Naviance to view all available scholarships!

Crunch Time

Luxie West, Staff Writer

The last day of school for students is quickly approaching and the pressure is on. Many students are finding themselves in crunch time, trying to hand in all of their assignments before grades are finalized.

Seniors are down to their last week of school, and you would think they would be coasting through; however, many seniors are struggling to finish out their high school education with passing grades. Mr. Clear, the Alliance High principal, recently met with seniors about getting their loose ends tied up. Students have incompletes in a number of courses, which makes them ineligible not only for extracurricular activities, but also the graduation ceremony. A majority of the 2017 class have been stressed for the past few weeks about getting their homework in from weeks ago, and it is finally starting to catch up to them. The senior class is finished on Tuesday, May 9, and senior breakfast will follow the morning of Wednesday, May 10.

I do not procrastinate, but I do evenly distribute my work between days I have to complete them. I do that so I have a fair amount to work on each day but not enough to keep me up late. Track does affect this because I do miss almost every class. But I do get two extra days in most classes to finish this work so it does not get in the way of anything,” sophomore Zac Placek stated after asked about his end of the year routine.

The remaining underclassmen are also in binds. Even though they may not be graduating this year, getting their homework turned in still comes into play when thinking about the following school year. If a student has an incomplete in any course at the end of a semester, they are required to retake that course either during the summer, or the following semester in the next school year. Retaking a class from the year before closes off some of the options open for electives because it takes up space in their schedule.

Students are slowly but surely pulling everything together to end the year. It may be taking a bit longer than expected for some students, but the strive to end off on a good note is clearly visible.