School Year Choir Farewell

All three choirs up on stage

Peyton Stoike, Junior Website Editor

The choir concert was held on Monday, May 9, 2016. Velocity performed first with “Beautiful Soul” accompanied by Elora Bleisch on cello. The winner of the Most Congenial in Velocity was Mackenzie Broderick and the MVP was Bailey Alwin.

Andrew Ochoa started off the senior solos by singing “Gone Gone Gone” by Phillip Phillips. Renae Zeigler performed “Daddy’s Hand” with her sister, as a tribute to her dad. Ian Montgomery performed “Tears of the Saint” on the ukulele.

Mixed Choir then performed singing “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz accompanied by Ian Montgomery on the ukulele. The winner of Most Congenial in Mixed Choir was Elizabeth Johnson and MVP was Andrew Ochoa. Shelbi Tye performed her senior solo of “Hallelujah” accompanied on guitar by Tanner Johns. Victoria Redecker then performed from the Sound of Music, “Favorite Things.” Harmonics then performed “Carry On My Wayward Son,” accompanied by Tanner Johns, Brian Pfeiffer, and John Breen.

The Most Congenial in Harmonics was Grace Toldstedt and the MVP was Trajan Garcia. Jordan Mak then performed with the band, “Seminole Winds.”

Ms. Kloch, with the help of Trajan Garcia, handed out letters and bars to the winners. First year letter winners included Andrew Ochoa, Mackenzie Broderick, Bailey Alwin, Elora Bleisch, Tristan Bleisch, Austin Pfeiffer, Darian Wilson, Monique Wing, and Peyton Stoike. The students who received bars were William Grant, David Beckett, Jordan Mak, Thalia Hinojosa, Jazlyn Garza, Cheroke Purviance, Emily Steggs, Grace Tolstedt, Sheyenne Weaver, and Trajan Garcia. David Beckett then performed his senior solo of “A Last Goodbye,” from The Hobbit. William Grant then performed “The Sound of Silence,” as his senior solo. All three choirs then got up on stage and performed “Already Home” as a final tribute.