National Honor Society Induction

The SPUD editors together with the advisor, Tera Digmann after the induction ceremony. (left to right: Madison Hiemstra, Peyton Stoike, Morgan Johnston and Tera Digmann)

Sherri Stoike

Morgan Johnston, Editor-In-Chief

On Tuesday March 15, students, parents, and faculty members gathered for the National Honor Society induction ceremony. Five faculty members went through the applications and selected the new member of this prestigious society. The Newberry-Pate Chapter that the NHS is a part of is only one of many all over the United States, United States territories, and Canada. The thirty five students that are this years National Honor Society members sat on the Performing Arts Center stage and was inducted into the society.

NHS President, Karli Farritor, started the night off with a welcome and a short introduction. Secretary, Nicole Placek, proceeded with some history about NHS and introduced Vice President, Morgan Johnston, and Karli Farritor to talk more about the history of National Honor Society. Members Maggie Otto, Cody Henderson, Bailey O’Connor, and Anthony Hare spoke about scholarship, service, leadership, and character. After all the members pledged and lit their candles; the juniors received their pins and certificates; incoming seniors received their pins, certificates, and chords; and the seniors that were current members received their chords. Mr. Mark Custer spoke about the qualities that they looked at to get into National Honor Society. Principal George Clear then addressed the new and current members about the dedication and accomplishments that we’ve done to get to this rewarding experience in our lives.

Cookies and punch were then served in the commons area. The junior members are Elora Bleisch, Brendan Brehmer, Erica Escamilla, Rhegan Fritzler, Sariah Grant, Emily Green, Hannah Korte, Lane Lauder, Tia Love, Elizabth Rivera, JunMo Kim Robbins, Sophia Sanchez, Peyton Stoike, and Richard Toedtli. New senior members are Keegan Barker, Kaylynn Bauer, Connor Blumanthal, Tristan Heldenbrand, Klayton Nordeen, and Mikayla Witt-Van Galder. The current members are Keley Adamson, Mackenzie Allen, Megan Boness, Emmanuel Cabello, Karli Farritor, Ashley Fattig, Anthony Hare, Cody Henderson, Madison Hiemstra, Morgan Johnston, Bailey O’Connor, Margaret Otto, Nicole Placek, Madison Reiber, and Samantha Vermilion.

Congratulations to all the new members of National Honor Society! It is an honor to be a part of this prestigious society.