AHS Band Under New Direction

Peyton Stoike, Staff Writer

Band is an extra-curricular activity that seventy or more students participate in. Mr. Jerold Heide took up the position of the new band director and he is ready for all of the hard work and dedication needed to make the AHS band great!

Mr. Heide has made minor changes to the band since last year. He made including changes from Mr. May’s curriculum in the daily procedures including how the band runs through their drilling maneuvers and the rehearsal participation.

The AHS band has two seasons, marching season and concert season. During the marching season, the band goes to multiple competitions. The two competitions they are going to this year are Old West Weekend in Scottsbluff, and the State Marching Band Contest in Kearney. Mr. Heide expects each and every band member to give 100% from beginning to end. He wants them to give their best whether they are marching in a competition or at a football game.

After marching band is over, Mr. Heide will be preparing the band for the Veteran’s Day Concert, as well as preparing for the Christmas Concert. The band will also be working on skill building to make them better.

“The band already does many things very well. They have a high level of pride for what they do. The amount of professionalism in their performances exceeds the expectations. Although they do many things well, there are some things that I believe they could work on. Organization and attention to detail are going to be the main focus. The band is already amazing, but some things can be worked on,” states Mr. Heide.

Mr. Heide declares, “ Overall, I am very pleased with how the group is. I am looking forward and I am ready to develop and see what the future holds. The only thing that can hold them back is themselves and I believe that they will make it. The sky is the limit, and we will exceed it.”